Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Climbing Out Of Windows...

I'm currently in the middle of a great read that I would encourage each of you to take the time to read and digest. But this is also one of those that will challenge your core beliefs...you really have to be ready. The name of the book is "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. Jeff did a great review of this same book a while ago. Here is one of my favorite quotes from the book:

"I was asked to speak at...(my university's) graduation ceremony, and to the chagrin of the dean, I told the story of how some friends and I were busted for rappelling out of the windows of one of the dorms. The dean had written us a warning that said, "Can you please enter and exit the buildings through the doors, like everybody else?" So my graduation message, "Crawl Through The Window," went something like this: 'The doors of normalcy and conformity are dead. The time has come to give up on the doors and find a window to climb through. It's a little more dangerous and may get you into some trouble, but it is a heck of a lot more fun. And the people who have changed the world have always been the risk-takers who climb through windows while the rest of the world just walks in and out of doors.'

We were ready for something new."

I guess the question of the day would be, "Am I ready for something new? Are you?"

1 comment:

dean said...

been ready for something new. details pending...