Monday, July 30, 2007

God Is Busy...

For those of you who don't know yet, my family and I are moving to North Central Ohio. The bulk of our move is complete, Denise and Tabitha and all of our belongings are there in Ohio now. I'm back in Arkansas to complete our transition. It's been our prayer that God will allow us to sell Dad's Place so that our ministry here in Monticello will continue. As of now, that has not happened. There is so much that our family is experiencing through God's grace that I can't wait to write it down and tell you all about it and about our new ministry...that time will have to wait a little longer.

There is something that happened last week that is a concrete reminder that God is at work in our new community. The small SBC church that we will be serving from had their regular VBS last week. The church is a small congregation, predominantly an older congregation. Having that said, last week during VBS, the church had 28 adult workers...43 children. Now here is the staggering part...11 of those children accepted Christ as their Savior. ELEVEN! That's a whopping 26% of the total enrollment for VBS! My family and I are VBS guru's and we've NEVER seen those types of conversion rates. I believe with all our heart that God is seriously at work in our new community. Pray for us as we make this massive transition.

If you would like to know more about our new ministry, stay tuned...there is lots to come. If you would like to know more on a personal level and find out how YOU can help in our new ministry, please email me and I'll be glad to tell you what great things God is doing.

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Oh my goodness....I know you will be sorely missed!

Eleven huh,I was at a VBS like that at the local Northside church in 1994.God is moving all around us,I think.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaah. What will we do without Dad's Place??!!! Will someone with cashola and time please stand up?! ;)