Monday, November 20, 2006

Give Thanks Part #1...

This week, as we attempt to somehow, slow down and enjoy an extra day off and ton's of food, I would like to encourage you to join me in focusing on a few specific things that we are thankful for. For most, we've all had a good year and the Lord has blessed us immensely. But for others, the holiday season is the pinnacle of sadness and loneliness. Let us not get so caught up to overlook those that are less fortunate than us. Scripture teaches us to 'be sober, be vigilant'...be alert, watchful for any and everything that satan would use against us. I encourage us to be just as aggressive in being watchful for those that need 'a hand up'...'an extra hug'...'hope'...'a listening ear'...'a smile'...'love'.

Today, I would like for you to list THE top 5 things that you are thankful for...then spend an extra moment in prayer giving a special thanks for those 5. Here are my top 5...

1.) My relationship with Jesus.

2.) My wife, Denise.

3.) My daughter, Tabitha.

4.) Unique ways and the freedom to minister.

5.) Learning to live and focus on one day at a time.


I look forward to seeing your list, and to join you in 'giving thanks'. Have an incredible day...and join me tomorrow for Part #2.

"Give Thanks"
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak say, 'I am strong'
Let the poor say, 'I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us'
Give thanks
(Lyrics by Don Moen)

2 comments:

Mark W. said...

Okay, here's my list - you asked for it!

1) The Lone Ranger
2) Football
3) Ruffer
4) Backpacks
5) Being Filthy Rich

Now, I know that this list needs some explaining, so I have explained over at markVerse - go over and read it!

Robert Fellows, Jr. said...

1)Saving grace

2)Music

3)My Church

4)My Friends/Family

5)Football