Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dad's Place Needs YOU...

Hello From Ohio,

I took a great opportunity on Friday to go home to Ohio. I hadn't seen my family in 3 weeks, so you can imagine what my adult ADHD was doing to me! :) Our family had moved to Ohio during the first part of July, and I returned to Monticello for the final sale of Dad's Place.

As so many of you know, Dad's Place was begun to minister to the 18 to 25 year olds in our community and surrounding area. What we didn't realize, was that the target audience was soooo much greater! Over the past three years, God allowed us to develop incredible relationships with many, many great people. All of which, I will always cherish. And in addition, we served great coffee too!

Upon arriving back in Arkansas from our move, we were notified that the purchase of Dad's Place did not grow through. As I shared in my previous post about our new calling, we will be heavily involved in ministry to college students in Ohio, however, it has always been our prayer and desire that someone would see the ministry and vision that we've had for Dad's Place and want to carry it on. At this time, it appears that at the end of August 2007...THIS month...Dad's Place will come to an end.

Here is where we need your help. If you or someone you know shares the vision and hunger for ministry as we do, and would like to carry on the ministry we know as Dad's Place and serve the best coffee and ice cream in south Arkansas, we would love to talk to you. You can email me here, and I'll get back to you as soon as I get the message. I would ask this, please no curiosity seekers...serious inquiries only.

And also one other favor...please pass this post on to all of YOUR blog readers, and link to us on your blog...we firmly believe that God desires that Dad's Place remain open in Monticello.

Could this be God's Call to you...


Thanks for your prayers,

Jim

No comments: